Bestman Solutions is working exclusively with an agile and forward-thinking technology firm that is embarking on rapid expansion. This technology firm has patented a software platform aimed at securing National and Critical Infrastructure. With an impressive client base and VC backing, the firm is creating a new cyber security division to support and influence this growth.
This role requires a Cyber Security Consultant with engineering skills to defending the microservices-based software platform.
There is also a strategic element of this role where you will assist in setting the organisation’s security strategy and ensure that adequate security standards are established and translated to the business and technology.
The responsibilities are not set in stone, and this is an agile environment where initiative is encouraged, so the following serves as a guideline:
- Lead review processes for code to expose and correct vulnerabilities
- Lead in creating security assurance processes in line with industry standards such as ISO27001.
- Play a key lead in creating the cybersecurity organisation’s roadmap.
- Assuring the client base in matters of security with some contributions to RFP’s.
- Monthly management meetings representing security
- Designing building and maintaining security tools and services
- Work in an agile development model with regular stand-ups, planning, and stakeholder management.
Ideally experience in Critical and National Infrastructure
Working experience of OT/IoT Security
Exposure to SCADA / ICS (Industrial Controls Systems)
Experience with cloud-native technology
Strong DevOps/ Devsecops pipeline appreciation
Experience of pen test remediations
Security certified e.g., CISSP/ SANS/ CCSP
There are leadership career development paths in either a strategic or in a more technical direction. The successful applicant is expected to play a crucial part in the growth of security and will be rewarded adequately.