Bestman Solutions are working with a global tech-savvy retail and logistics firm who are growing their security division. One of the key hires is an Application Security Manager to lead a team of AppSec / Security Engineers. You will also coordinate with various partners and vendors as part of AppSec ecosystem. Previous experience of managing, mentoring and growing a team is expected, but there may be exceptions for Application Security Engineers who wish to take the move to management whilst still remaining technical.
- You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing an engagement process that can be scaled and automated to support self-service testing. This includes defining the process, creating the necessary tools and documentation, and training the stakeholders.
- You will also be responsible for tracking engagements and communicating findings and progress to various stakeholders. This includes creating reports, dashboards, and presentations that are clear and concise.
- Setting strategy and provide technical direction to the AppSec team to run core capabilities, including Application Threat modelling, Manual secure code review, Advance Threat hunting techniques and Container security
- Run the day to day operations including Performing AppSec Threat modelling on the application design architectures.
- Assist with executive communication to senior leadership teams on status of relevant Cyber Security improvement initiatives
- Experience in leading technical teams or mentoring Security Engineers
- An Understanding of penetration testing approaches, capabilities, and techniques
- Experience in dealing with Application Security Vulnerabilities (as listed in OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25),
- Security Testing methodologies and related tool
- Strong planning and project management skills
- This is an inclusive and forward-thinking organisation that supports innovation and creative thinking.
Reach out for a confidential conversation.