Bestman Solutions has been mandated to search for a Head of Data Platforms / Data Platforms Manager. The purpose of this role is to build and manage the Data Science function of this well-known firm. This is a greenfield role to lead a newly created function, and the Head of Data Platforms will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic roadmap.
There is budget to recruit a large global team to report to you. This team will consist of Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Analysts. This role is part of the Cyber Security division and will be a specialist team with the aim of providing visibility and strategic alignment of the firm’s cybersecurity goals.
We are looking for either Data Security Leaders or Data Platform leaders (with a strong appreciation of Cyber Security) who have grown and managed teams.
This is not a “business as usual” position, so as part of the search, we are identifying candidates who have designed and implemented Data Security or Data Platform technical solutions, ideally in a global firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to build this function from the ground up, and you can expect senior level support for this business-critical, high profile role.
- Develop and execute a data platform strategy aligned with cybersecurity goals, focusing on scalability, efficiency, and data security.
- Create a data architecture that enables real-time threat detection, incident response, and sophisticated analytics.
- Take the lead in establishing the newly created Data Security function by recruiting and managing Data and Data Security Architects and Engineers.
- Implement and enforce data security best practices, ensuring the protection of sensitive information and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Establish data quality standards and processes to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data used for security detections and analysis.
- Continuously optimize the data platform for performance and cost-efficiency, identifying and resolving bottlenecks.
- Work with security analysts and data scientists to develop and implement new security analytics use cases.
- 10+ years of experience in data platform architecture, management, and optimization.
- Extensive experience in recruiting and managing technical teams – Direct reports, not project-based headcount.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing data platforms from the ground up.
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, MongoDB
- Cloud Platform experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
In conclusion, the successful Head of Data Platforms will create the roadmap to significantly enhance cybersecurity capabilities. The platform’s real-time threat detection, incident response, and advanced analytics capabilities will help give the organization the edge it needs to stay ahead of the competition and protect its customers and data. As well as the technology this is very much a Managerial position, and we share the belief with our client that while technology may provide an edge, the people you hire, and support make the difference.