An agile and dynamic financial services firm is seeking a Security Engineer to implement and monitor security measures to protect the firm’s systems, networks, and information.
This forward-thinking banking firm boasts strong technical capabilities and leadership, with a substantial investment in Cyber Security. A training and certification programme is available to staff as part of their ongoing commitment to further development.
The Security Engineer is a new role and will allow the Security Engineer to be part of a new team and work with areas of IT such as infrastructure to champion the security department.
This role involves broad security responsibilities, including Security Monitoring, Security Incident Response Vulnerability Assessments, and Threat intelligence and an awareness of this is required.
The position is open to individuals who have considerable experience or those who have less experience and interested in taking the next step in their career.
Although this is a highly technical position, the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the company – both IT and the business is essential.
Technical experience required:
- Experience of Security Monitoring, Security Incident Response, Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence
- Knowledge of SIEM and Vulnerability tools, ideally LogRhythm and Qualys
- Security Qualifications, ideally SANS certifications.
- Experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and authentication systems
- Background in Security Operation Centre activities
- Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology